Erectile Disfunction a real concern for Men?
What are the symptoms of Male Hormone Imbalance?
Males experiencing erectile disfunction or any of the following symptoms should consider testing their male hormone levels:
- Low libido
- Baldness and/or hair thinning
- Accumulation of fat around the waist
- Increased frequency, urgency or interrupted stream when urinating
- Sleep disturbances
- Changes in cholesterol ratios
It is easy to chalk up the symptoms of a hormone imbalance to other factors, such as tiredness and overwork, especially in the beginning. Over time, though, these symptoms tend to worsen until they start changing your way of life.
What are the Seven Male Hormones that are tested?
- DHEA – DHEA is one of the anti-stress hormones produced by the adrenal glands.
- Androstenedione – A precursor to both male and female hormones. Imbalance in males causes excessive female hormone production and minimizes male hormone production.
- Testosterone -Is the major male hormone. Excessive amounts of testosterone causes aggressive behavior, blood vessel hardening, high cholesterol levels and prostate problems.
- Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) – DHT is derived from testosterone. Levels of DHT are controlled by the amount of free active progesterone in your body. Importantly, excessive DHT is a major factor in male baldness and is a cause of prostate enlargement.
- Progesterone –Progesterone calms the nervous system. An excess of progesterone in males leads to excessive weight gain, depression and breast enlargement
- Estrone – Increased fat levels are indicative of high estrone. Both breast and prostate enlargement is associated with an excessive estrone. Consequently, it is therefore important for men to maintain a low level of estrone to keep androgens in balance.
- Estradiol – The most powerful of the estrogen family. Estradiol is formed in the peripheral tissues of both the adrenal and testicular glands.
Benefit of using Diagnostech’s Male Hormone Panel?
- Saliva testing clinically reflects the current status of the hormones in your body.
- Comprehensive results allow a completely customized natural treatment plan.
- Restoration of well-being, a feeling of vitality and a passion for life.
How do I take this test?
The patient takes this test at his own home, at his own time.Easily collecting a saliva sample by following the instructions included with the test kit and mailing the samples directly to the lab.
What about my results?
Once your sample is received at the lab, they will run your tests and sends back your customized lab report. At that time, our office contacts you regarding your follow-up appointment. If your male hormone levels are found to be outside of the reference range, Dr. Cushing develops a custom treatment plan designed to bring your hormones into balance.
Fortunately, male hormone imbalance can be successfully treated. Finally, changes in diet, exercise, and overall lifestyle are additionally recommended in order to maximize the benefits of male hormone treatments.
Read Dr. Cushing’s Biography