As individuals each controlled by our unique DNA and body chemistries, the environment we live in, the air we breath and what we eat manifests differently in each of us.
Symptoms uniquely experienced due to heavy metal toxicity include:
- Brain Fog
- Stubborn weight gain
- Food & Environmental Sensitivities
- Hair loss
- Loss of libido
- Itching, rashes, hives
- Gas, bloating, water retention
- Vision problems
Eliminating Heavy Metal Toxicity
You can improve your health by getting rid of toxic metals in the body. This is easily accomplished under the supervision of a skilled natural doctor. The first step is to find out what heavy metals are affecting your body, we use a simple and painless, non-invasive test using hair samples.
Metals analyzed in the Test:
There is no acceptable level of heavy metal toxicity in your body. This hair test looks at what metals and minerals your body has difficulty processing and has accumulated to toxic levels. These metals and minerals include:
Where do they come from?
Toxic metals, often find their way into our environment through industrial effluents, organic wastes, burning refuse, transport and power plants. Toxic particles and gases may be carried over many miles by air flow. Metal pollutants get washed from the air in to surface water or the land. Industry effluents contain a major source of toxic heavy metals. Drainage water from catchment areas also carries toxic heavy metals where contamination has taken place from smelting unit and mining.
Heavy metals find their way into many products including:
- Makeup, creams, hair dyes/products
- Food through water supplies, soil, canning and plastics
- Decorating products/cleaning products and many chemicals
- Petrol, Diesel, Manufacturing plant outgasses
- Dental products
- Childrens toys, materials
Diseases associated with heavy metal toxicity:
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Multiple Chemical Sensitivity
- Thyroid disorders
- Hormone imbalances
- Pulmonary conditions
- Skin conditions
- Nervous System Disorders
- Premature Aging
- Renal disorders
Hair versus blood for testing heavy metals
Blood tests for heavy metals are performed by a health care practitioner. The blood is then analyzed under a dark-field microscope onto a TV monitor. Unfortunately this can only be used for Mercury, Cadmium, Aluminum and Arsenic toxicity. These tests only measure the amount of these toxins circulating in the blood at the time of testing. The blood transfers these heavy metals to the tissues, therefore an accurate long term picture of toxic levels in the body using blood testing alone is useless.
Hair mineral analysis is considered by the “U.S. Environmental Protection Agency” as the most accurate test for heavy metal toxicity. Virgin hair is the most reliable hair for testing. Hair testing shows heavy metal levels up to 300 times more accurate than blood tests. Revealing the toxins needing to be removed. Important minerals are depleted by heavy metal toxicity, these deficiencies are highlighted in hair analysis testing and an accurate plan of how to increase them is included with the test.
What are the Health Benefits Expect of Removing Heavy Metals:
- Better memory/focus
- Sustained energy levels
- Fewer sensitivities
- Improved gut health
- Weight loss
- Hair growth
- Stability in hormone levels
- Stronger immune system
- Less likely to suffer from many of the diseases associated with Heavy metal toxicity.
Establishing a protocol with a qualified healthcare practitioner and following it diligently using high grade supplements prescribed by a hair analysis lab, patients can expect a vast reduction in the amounts of toxic heavy metals within four months from a qualified health care program. Some patients depending on the degree of toxicity and their physical stamina may need to stay on the detox program for upto a year taking into consideration:
- Age and level of toxicity
- Sensitivity to detox programs
- Level of presenting symptoms
How to limit heavy metal exposure
Every day you can work to limit your exposure to heavy metals by:
- Drinking purified water,
- eliminating the consumption of food/drink from aluminum cans and bottles,
- choosing natural skin and hair products,
- removing mercury fillings with a qualified natural dentist that uses a safe extraction method.
- Use the correct protective masks when painting/removing paint (get advice from a professional before attempting to have led based paint removed.)
- Choosing children’s toys that are made in the USA and made to USA standards suitable for children.
- Moving away from highly polluted areas.
Finally, it is sage advice to always look at labels, ask questions and do your research.
Read Dr. Cushing’s BiographyDr. Cushing D.C.,D.Ch.,C.N.C.,F.S.A.C.