The term menopause is used when a women’s menstrual cycle and child bearing years are coming to a natural end. Menopause should not be considered as an illness or disease – it is a natural change in the glandular function along with certain changes in the female hormone levels and the finish of menstrual flow. During this natural process a women can suffer from sometimes uncomfortable and troubling symptoms caused by the changes in hormone levels. It is important to keep the right balance of hormones during this time to balance the emotional and physical body keeping it in good health.
Symptoms and changes often experienced are:
- Changes effecting the nervous system which can cause – nervousness, irritability, mood swings, depression, headaches and insomnia.
- Changes to the endocrine system which can cause – hot flashes, sweats, irregular menses, sex drive changes and a thinning of the vaginal wall causing dryness and painful intercourse.
- Changes to the body that cause – an increase in skin aging, a change in how fat and carbohydrates are metabolized, osteoporosis and atherosclerosis.
Dr. Cushing, uses an FDA approved lab and the menopausal panel will test for either one or up to eight different hormones depending on the patients needs.
The menopausal hormones tested using this panel are:
The brain-derived regulating hormones to assess feedback between the brain and the ovaries:
How Are the Menopausal Hormones Tested:
Using a patient’s saliva. Saliva is superior to blood or urine because the tissues only show the active or effective fraction, where as blood and serum show the total hormone. These active fractional measurements are known to be far superior to the total hormone levels in both diagnosis and treatment.
Why do the testing?
Some doctors will give patients natural estrogens without doing any testing at all and just based on the patients symptoms. This may get the patients symptoms under control, but the increased risk to the patient’s health is not worth the gamble. These risks are:
- Fibroid growth.
- Gallbladder disease.
- Increased blood pressure.
- Uterine cancer.
- Breast cancer.
If a menopausal hormone saliva test is carried out before treatment, an informed decision can be made for which hormones are needed and how much, to balance them. It is also wise to retake the test after 3 – 4 months to reassess and make any necessary changes to the amount of hormone needed.
Do I have to take pills?
Dr. Cushing has either hormone creams or pills, they are non toxic and totally natural without chemicals or fillers.
What are the Benefits?
- In comparison to blood or urine tests they are much more affordable.
- No Needles.
- Clinically reflective of your hormone status and needs.
- Customized/individualized treatment plans using only natural hormones.
- No under dosing or over dosing.
Saliva menopausal hormone testing will also help Dr. Cushing determine the risk of disease in your breast or uterus and he will also be able to give individualized recommendations on how to minimize that risk, ask Dr. Cushing for the PostM™.
- Using the correct panel will aid in the prevention and treatment of Osteoporosis with Dr. Cushing’s 37 plus years of experience with natural hormones.
- You will know whether you are in menopause or in peri-menopause.
Remember arbitrarily given hormones may deal with the symptoms while posing other serious health risks.
All Lab Test Sales are final. There are no returns.
Please Note: We do not take Insurance, but Dr. Cushing will give the patient the appropriate codes so they can attempt to get reimbursed through their respective Insurance carrier.
For more information or to make an appointment:
North Carolina: 704-776-4185