COLD LASER THERAPY BENEFITS
Also referred to as “low level laser therapy” (LLCT), the goal of this cold laser therapy is to photo-stimulate chemically damaged cells via specific wavelengths of coherent light. Coherence means that the light-photons propagate in the:
- same direction
This maximizes the depth of photon penetration into the targeted tissues and triggers a biological response. The photons absorbed by the cells through laser therapy stimulate mitochondria in the cells to accelerate the production of ATP. This biochemical increase in cell energy is used to transform live cells from a state of illness to a stable healthy state.
The documented biological effects include:
- cell reproduction
- growth accelerated
- increased metabolic activity
- faster wound healing
- stimulating fibroblast development
- accelerating collagen synthesis
- reduction in swelling and inflammation
- Increased vascular activity.
- Reduced fibrous tissue formation (i.e. scar tissue) following tissue damage
- Stimulation of nerve function
- Pain reduction
When is Cold Laser Therapy Effective?
Low laser therapy is a scientifically proven and effective treatment for the following injuries or disorders:
- wrist and finger pain
- tennis elbow
- Achilles tendinitis
- carpal tunnel syndrome
- plantar fasciitis
- shoulder injuries
This is not a complete list of all of the injuries or ailments that may benefit from low laser therapy treatment. Speaking to a trained practitioner before undergoing any more extensive treatments is absolutely recommended.
Additional benefits of Cold Laser Therapy Treatment
- offers an alternative to prescribed analgesics, anti-inflammatories and other medications.
- reduces the need for surgery.
- greatly speeds up tissue healing.
Dr. Cushing has more than 20 years experience using low laser therapy treatment in his practice. This treatment is just one tool to aid patients to live a more pain free and healthy life.
For more information or to make an appointment telephone:
North Carolina: 704-776-4185